This Page

has been moved to new address

A Dog's Last Will & Testament

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cokie the Cat: Hollywood Insider: A Dog's Last Will & Testament

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Dog's Last Will & Testament

Audrey Hagar from Hope For Paws sent an email with the prose below, saying she'd received it as a text from her grandpa's iPhone! Simply wonderful.

I wrote up this post, but then decided to re-write it as "A Cat's Last Will & Testament." When I did that, I accidentally erased this one, so this is my meager attempt at rebuilding the post. Apologies.

Mom's first and only dog Marrakesh
A border collie. He lived to be 17.

A DOG'S LAST WILL & TESTAMENT
Before humans die, they write their Last Will & Testament, give their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, This is what I'd ask . . .

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:
* My happy home.* My bowl & cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
* The lap, which I loved so much
* The hand that stroked my fur & the sweet voice which spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog, the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand."

Instead, go find and unloved dog . . . one whose life has held no joy or hope and give My place to him.

This is the one thing I can give . . .

. . .The love I left behind.

--Author Unknown

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At April 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Rama's Mama said...

New follower here! Thanks for sharing that. It was beautiful.

 
At April 20, 2012 at 3:43 AM , Blogger Louise's Blog said...

that is beautiful Cokie- I am going to share this with Petie's dad- he needs to read this now- he is so very sad as am I love Louise and Ken

 
At April 20, 2012 at 4:34 AM , Blogger Katie Isabella said...

Precious to read, so glad I saw reference to it in the pee mail. xox

 
At April 20, 2012 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Lily said...

Thank you for this beautiful "last will" - Made Mom's eyes leaky. When we anipals go OTRB it leaves a hole in out hoomans hearts & they often think they cannot love another kitteh or doggie the way they loved us. But the truth is they have a limitless amount of love to give and it doesn't take away from their love for us if they share that love with an anipal who needs a home. I'm glad you shared this with Petie's Mama & Daddy - I know he's smiling down on you & saying thank you right now Cokie!
((HUGS))

 
At April 20, 2012 at 5:48 AM , Blogger Mariodacat said...

That is bootiful Cokie - just bootiful,

 
At April 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Cokie for posting, being at OTRB , this is what we would want our humans to know and what I whispered to mine too ((hugs))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home